Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
val189 val189 is offline

Default My neighbor was scammed by driveway spraying scammers

Ignoramus6369 wrote:

.. What would be a sensible thing to do in these lousy
circumstances?

a. wouldn't give them another dime.

b. get someone reliable to finish the job, even if I had to redo the
whole mess.

c. see if my local newpaper would print an article alerting the
public
to the deal. ( I thought the whole WORLD was onto the
paving, termite, meat-about-to-go-bad, and roofing schemes.)

With this type of job, I get the particulars in writing beforehand,
see a license and insurance,
and MIGHT pay enough to just buy materials. I tell them I will only
pay with a cashiers check,
when they say cash only. I want a record!!