Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
George Grapman George Grapman is offline

Default My neighbor was scammed by driveway spraying scammers

Steve B wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
On May 12, 4:12 pm, "Steve B" wrote:

Dan, do YOU think that you'd have a better chance of getting something
done
by the police in a small town or in a big city? trader and I seem to
think
differently on this. What do you think?

Steve

In a small town the police would probably respond. In a big city,
they would refer you to whoever enforces city licensing requirements.
In both places there is someone who wants to make sure the city gets
money for licenses. Getting someone to respond because you lost money
is harder than getting someone to respond because the city probably
lost money.

Dan

True. I have noticed, though, in small towns, the police take note of
"traveling tradesmen" and others that are not familiar. And they have the
time to do so. They know a lot of the local people, and those from outside
the area are very noticeable.

Steve

Correct. Many years ago I lived in a rural town and had a sales job
that sent me on the road. Once I was going door to door to businesses
and a cop asked me who I represented. He explained that I needed to come
to the station to register.He was polite and had m get in the front seat.
At the station the chief explained what is called a Green River
Ordinance which requires itinerant sales people to register (there was
no fee).
He then had the dispatcher radio the officer who drove me back to my car.

--
To reply via e-mail please delete 1 c from paccbell