Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Chris is offline

Default carpenter ants in cherry blossom tree

I found out that my cherry blossom tree has a nest of carpenter ants
in it.. They started nesting where a branch was cut off a long time
ago.. I can see in and see a few soldiers.. I was spraying around the
house with Spectricide Terminate to build a barrier.. I decided to
spray a little into the hole, and a bunch of angry ants came out.. I
sprayed a little more, and even more ants came out.. A little more,
then winged reproductives came out.. soon, the ground was covered with
dying, disorientated ants..

Is this going to take care of it? or should a blow some boric acid in
there for more long term control? and. is it even wise to do this to a
living tree anyway?