Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
D Murphy D Murphy is offline

Default My neighbor was scammed by driveway spraying scammers

Ignoramus6369 wrote in news:8oidnaJil-
:

Would you think that the police would have any interest?

Maybe, maybe not. Depends if the cops are on the take, how busy they are,
and if the seal coaters are out and out scamming, as in spraying used motor
oil instead of driveway sealer.

In the Chicagoland area it's not at all unusual for legit companies to go
neighborhood to neighborhood sealing driveways. At least three different
companies come around our area every year. I always have a look at what
they are doing at the neighbors house first, negotiate them down a whole
bunch second, and pay them AFTER they are done and I'm happy with the job.
I can usually get it done for right around what I pay for the stuff in 5
gallon pails at Home Depot. I've never had a problem.

I find one of the best ways to get these annoying jobs done, like seal
coating or power washing, is to wait until a neighbor has hired someone.
Then mosey on over and see if you can get a deal by offering them a quick
side job. Tell him you'll pay cash, and they can start as soon as they
done with the neighbor. Unless, of course, they are doing a lousy job at
the neighbors.

YMMV.

--

Dan