Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected] hhc314@yahoo.com is offline

Default My neighbor was scammed by driveway spraying scammers

Your friend is lucky if what his driveway was sprayed with was not
simply drained crankcase oil.

That's what the "Gypsy Travelers" usually use in their scams.

Tell your friend that he is now a "sucker of the first order"!!!!!!
Hell, most of us learned about this scam well before we were old
enough to have sex!

Harry C.

On May 12, 12:09 pm, Ignoramus6369
wrote:
It happened yesterday. A truck cruised in our neighborhood and I saw
them stop by our neighbor's house (we have a concrete driveway, his is
asphalt) and they talked. Then I went to do something else, the next
thing I know is that my neighbor's asphalt driveway was sprayed with
some tar like substance. So I went to talk to see what happened.

He said that he was scammed: they first agreed on a certain price
($175), they took the money, sprayed half of his driveway, then acted
all surprised and said that "it takes a lot more coating than they
expected" and demanded $50 more for finishing the work. I guess with
the implication that if he did not pay, they would drive off with his
driveway half sprayed looking really stupid. So, he said he paid extra
$50 and they finished the work.

So. I am aware that the general wisdom says do not give work to any
"drive by" people. But I would like to know, let's say that due to
poor judgment, it happened to me and these artists demand extra $50 to
finish. What would be a sensible thing to do in these lousy
circumstances?