Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
clifto clifto is offline

Default My neighbor was scammed by driveway spraying scammers

wrote:
These driveby seal coat guys are well known for having a high
percentage of scammers. I would never use one period, because even
if you pay them at the end, you don't know what they put down. And
you can bet many of them use the cheapest crap that will look good
right after it goes on, but might not last a month.

Around here we have several companies that put flyers on the doorknobs
in advance, specifying the price and saying when they expect to come
around and do the work. We use a service which was recommended to us by
a satisfied customer (we even actually saw his driveway done before we
placed our order) and which accepts a personal check. They just did our
driveway for the third year the other day and it's great.

The fun we have is watching the changes from neighborhood to neighborhood.
Most offers on our driveway are around $45. Similar-sized driveways in
ritzier neighborhoods get quoted from $75 ro $175 by the same companies.

--
Boycott KFC
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...10/nkfc110.xml