Dan Buckman

Default free milling machine

The third hand wheel is for a rappid traverse.
If I recall one revolution is = to 3 turns of the x feed handle.

I also seem to remember it has backlash adjustment on the y as well as the x
feed screw, though I won't swear to that from here,

prety little mill that kind of makes you feel warm and fuzzy just looking at
it. You walk by it and you can't resist just turning some wheel or other.
About the only mill I've seen you might want to sit in your parler.

Got no room in my life for that sort of thing.

"Artemia Salina" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 19:07:11 +0000, Dan Buckman wrote:

Free to good home
or if you want to cover me for what I paid for it $100 (totaly optional)

Van Norman #10 milling machine.

If you want a picture John Kasunich put it on his van norman milling

machine
web page (history)

http://home.att.net/~JEKasunich/vann...VN_History.htm

Van Normans are beautiful machines, IMO. I have a Hardinge with a vertical
head. I never use the head because it's such a pain to mount. Van Norman
seems to have solved that problem with their swiveling horizontal/vertical
head design. Must be a very versatile machine.

What's the third handwheel for? I see the x-axis ball crank and then three
handwheels. Is one of them associated with the swiveling head?

--
"Please God, help me cleanse the computer of viruses and evil photographs
that disturb and ruin my work ..., so that I shall be able to cleanse

News==----

Newsgroups

=---