Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

Default Jet Pump fast cycle

On May 11, 8:49 pm, wrote:
On 10 May 2007 20:06:43 -0700, wrote:

On May 10, 10:56 pm, "Steve Barker"
wrote:
You need to charge the tank with the pump off and a faucet open. Sounds
like you're water logged.

Pressure tank is charged to 38 Lbs, and not heavy - so assume not
water logged. That's why I was suspecting a leak.

It's easy to detect a leak. Shut off everything in the house.
Preferably shut off the main valve in the house (if there is one).

Pump up to full pressure, then watch the pressure gauge. If it slowly
drops, you got a small leak. If it drops quickly, you got a big leak.

I also think you are waterlogged. Empty the tank completely and drain
the lines. NOW check the tank air pressure. Close all drain valves
and restart the pump.

The pressure in the bladder should be 2lbs less than what ever you
want the pump to turn on at. Check the air valve if you have water
replace the tank