John Normile

Default Repairs and Training

I have been mostly lurking / sometimes posting on RCM for quite a few
years now, and have become aware of two recurring threads. First is
the repair of shop equipment, and the other is training and where and
how to get it. I have a problem that may have a solution based on
these situations.

The problem I have is that my Anilam digital read has quit working,
and I suspect the power supply. The solution that I envision is that
I swap machine shop instruction for the repair of my DRO.

Now for the added inducement. I live in a
resort/recreation/retirement community located in central Arkansas.
My prospective repairman/student could, for example, work with me in
the morning, then vacation with the family in the afternoon; boating,
camping, fishing, etc.

I have a hobby shop that I feel is well equipped, by most home
standards. It has 2 Harrison lathes, and Excello mill, a Boyar
Schultz surface grinder, 2 band saws, drill press, and other smaller
equipment. It is well equipped to provide for basic shop
instruction.

My background includes a five year apprenticeship for tool and die
making in a federally recognized program. Plus an additional five
years working in tooling job shops, before moving on to tool design,
and eventually manufacturing engineering. So I feel qualified to
provide instruction in basic recreational machining.

So, is there any interest out there? If so, email at: jnormile (at)
cswnet.com

Thanks
John Normile