Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Where would I buy these things?

On Fri, 11 May 2007 20:49:34 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

"Dean" wrote in message
roups.com...
On May 11, 12:05 pm, "Toller" wrote:
I am not sure where to shop for these items; HD won't have them. Not
particular stores (though if you happen to be in Rochester NY, that would
be
great) but just what to look up in the phone book.

1) Cranks for my windows. After 25 years, a few are simply worn
out.http://www.frontiernet.net/~toller/crank.jpg
2) Cedar siding for a shed, to match my
house.http://www.frontiernet.net/~toller/siding.jpg

Thanks

Sometimes,if the tube is deep enough,it can be ground down past the
worn teeth and the crank is still ok to use.They might last years or
more short term. If it does work maybe keep looking for new ones
anyway and keep the shortened ones for spare. Got access to a bench
grinder?
Dean

The problem is inside; the gears are worn out. It is a pretty poorly made
mechanism.

And lasted 25 years ?!?

Keep shopping, the next set might out last you...
--
Oren