Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Lewis Chris Lewis is offline

Default Where would I buy these things?

According to Toller :
I am not sure where to shop for these items; HD won't have them. Not
particular stores (though if you happen to be in Rochester NY, that would be
great) but just what to look up in the phone book.

1) Cranks for my windows. After 25 years, a few are simply worn out.
http://www.frontiernet.net/~toller/crank.jpg

Those are the same as our windows. Yes, they're still available at
decent window/glass places. Look in the yellow pages for places that
advertise repairs and especially parts. The glass section probably more
so than the windows section.

Wooden window frames? Douglas Fir? (looks a _lot_ like cedar in
many cases). If so, there's a good chance these are Loewen windows.
They may still stock the old parts, and their new ones haven't changed
much.

This is their current hardwa http://www.loewen.com/home.nsf/why/hardware
--
Chris Lewis,