Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Where would I buy these things?

In article , "Toller" wrote:
I am not sure where to shop for these items; HD won't have them. Not
particular stores (though if you happen to be in Rochester NY, that would be
great) but just what to look up in the phone book.

1) Cranks for my windows. After 25 years, a few are simply worn out.
http://www.frontiernet.net/~toller/crank.jpg

Got any hardware stores there in Rochester? :-) Take that crank in to Ace, or
Tru-Value, or wherever, and ask them if they have one, and if not, where you
could get one. I'm betting you'll get either a crank, or a good answer.

2) Cedar siding for a shed, to match my house.
http://www.frontiernet.net/~toller/siding.jpg

Looks like ordinary board-and-batten siding, and any cedar one-by ought to do.

--
Regards,