Posted to alt.home.repair
Kyle Kyle is offline

Default attaching framing studs to poured concrete

On May 8, 6:40 pm, "keglidd" wrote:
Any suggestions on how to attach framing studs into a poured concrete
floor?(specifically a horizontal 2x4, used to attach vertical 2x4 framed
wall at the floor)

I don't think masonry nails will work here, and I don't have a Hilti gun at
my immediate disposal. Not to be picky, but I don't really want to drill
anchors in either. ...

Liquid Nails alone won't do it - I know from experience. It may hold
once you have the stringer anchored into the other walls, but
depending upon the closet configuration you could still end up pulling
the stringer out of whack.

What I did was pre-drill holes through my 2x4s approximately the same
diameter as the shaft of the Tapcon screws I was using so the screws
could continue to turn after bottoming-out without biting into the
wood. I used those holes to drill pilot holes for Tapcon screws into
the floor using a high-quality masonry bit and an AC electric drill
for this - don't even think about using your 18 or 24 volt cordless
drill.

I bottomed out the Tapcons in the 2x4, coated them with Liquid Nails
and ran a bead of LN between the pilot holes in the floor. Placed the
2x4, ran the screws in, and let the stringer dry 24 hours before I
tried doing anything else.

Held like a mad beast.