Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default enough psi in a powerwasher for 3 story house cleaning of siding?

On May 10, 1:58 pm, Charlie Morgan wrote:
On 10 May 2007 10:49:42 -0700, markm75 wrote:

Curious what most have found to be enough psi for a 3 story house to
clean the siding? (I think around 35 feet to the peak)

IE: I've looked at some electrics that max out at around 1600 psi,
while the gas ones are around 2200 psi or higher...

I was thinking electric would be the easier one with less maintenance
etc.. but maybe not enough power?

Here are two models in particular:

Sistema 10102 CleanJet 1400 TSS
http://www.amazon.com/Sistema-10102-...ressure/dp/B00...
1400 psi, 1.4gal per minute, electric;

or

Briggs and Stratton 2200 psi
http://www.amazon.com/Briggs-Stratto...ure-Washer/dp/...
Gas powered;

Thanks

35 feet? A plain old garden hose will deliver a stronger stream of
water at that distance. Pressure washer pressure happens very close to
the nozzle. You need to be within a foot or two of whatever you are
trying to clean. At five feet, there is just a fine mist gently
wafting through the air.

CWM

Good to know this. I have same problem cleaning a shaded side of my
house and had also thought pressure washer. For this senior citizen
to climb a 30 ft ladder on a slope is also out of the question.
Wonder if anyone else has a suggestion?
Frank