Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default How do I create an opening for a wall A/C unit?

On 9 May 2007 09:43:50 -0700, wrote:

I want to install a small wall A/C unit in a bedroom of my condo. The
other side of the wall I will install the unit in is a storage room
with no drywall. The studs are spaced 16" apart and the A/C unit is
17-18" wide. I am handy with saws, etc. I just don't know how to
create the opening without compromising the strength of the wall. Are
there any tutorials or pictures on how this should look? Thanks.

I don't think this is going to work as well as you want it to, and
leaving that door open is a standing invitation to theives, vermin,
and weather problems. Does your condo agreement prevent you
from venting out the attic? Are your water rates low enough
that you could install a water-cooled heat exchanger and just
dump the hot water out the drain?