Posted to alt.home.repair
SJF SJF is offline

Default Just how strong are common house ants?

"aemeijers" wrote in message

"Lar" wrote in message
Gettin' scared here. I had a wee problem with ants infesting kitchen-
I'm a slob, and house is far from tight. So, along with cleaning up
the counters and crumbs on floor, a day or so ago I put out 4 of the
typical cheap bait stations. Got home from work today, and 3 had been
moved a little, but the 4th was outright GONE. I looked all over for
it- under appliances, etc.

Is this typical? Or do I have some uber-ants hiding in the walls?

(Note- not really a Google poster- my real ISP is having news server
problems.)

Not ants ...mouse, rat or a another person moved it.

I live alone, and as best as I can tell, no mice or rats. (no droppings,
no gnawed food containers, no nesting residue or little corpses in storage
areas, etc.) Been there before in previous dwellings, the signs are pretty
glaring when they are present. I checked entire house, thinking I might
have kicked it when getting a midnight glass of water- not a trace.

aem sends

If it happened at my house, it would be a case of aging memory and would
show up in a few days where I miscarried it.

SJF