Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default How do I create an opening for a wall A/C unit?

On Wed, 9 May 2007 22:06:09 -0400, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

I see some negatives posted by others about this setup, but it will work.
My office at work is inside the manufacturing plant and the AC vents into
it. It is also a very hot plant as we use steam for our process. The AC

I actually forgot about that. Almost every plant I've seen has an air
conditioned office in the middle of it somewhere, and they often
haven't a single wall or ceiling that touches an outside wall or roof.

I wonder if the workers realize that not only are you cool, but you're
making them hotter. Probably, but they're tough.

still works though. In the same building, there are a few other business
that have similar setups with much larger units.

It will be easy enough to remove the AC and drywall over the opening later.
Some paint and it will be invisible.