Posted to talk.politics.medicine,alt.home.repair,talk.religion.bahai,talk.atheism,talk.politics.libertarian
Herman Rubin Herman Rubin is offline

Default Neither an abortion nor an unplanned childbirth is palatable

In article . com,
wrote:
On May 8, 3:12 am, (Herman Rubin) wrote:
In article . com,

wrote:
On May 7, 4:36 am, (Luminoso) wrote:
On 6 May 2007 10:37:06 -0700, wrote:

There is no agreement on when the fetus is human.

We in the Christian camp believe in a judgement.

You may believe anything you want, but attempting to
impose those beliefs is in my opinion committing an
extremely great sin. And to use those beliefs to
require or forbid others from doing things should
be deprived of any right to speak on them.

Basically that is
the point of it all. Killing unborn children is a sure way to earn
God's wrath, as much as killing adults is a sure way to earn such
judgement.

This is your opinion; we have absolutely no way of
knowing whether that is so. You may think that you
have God's word, but God did not dictate it, and it
has gone through many revisions. Besides, God's
judgment will be what it will be, and you have no
right to dictate to people because of your opinion
about what will happen to them from God. What if
you are wrong?

The rest of the preaching has been deleted.

What gives you or anybody else the right to kill unborn children
without asking their opinion? What if you are wrong?

There are more problems than you think. As for asking
their opinion, we cannot, and I may very well be wrong.

Augustine considered that the fetus became human at
40 days. The Jewish opinion is that the fetus is
not human until birth, and that abortion is not
murder, but is not always justified.

The Greeks and Romans considered the Jews to be
immoral because they did not remove support from
their deformed children. They also considered
the problem of overpopulation, which most religions
seem to ignore. The commandment to reproduce
only asks to fill the earth, not to keep going
thereafter.

What is moral is totally unclear, and this is
why libertarians reduce the obstacles to the
initiation of force or fraud against others.

Phone: (765)494-6054 FAX: (765)494-0558