Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
tomstorey tomstorey is offline

Default word for knowing what the tool is doing without seeing it?

On May 8, 11:25 am, Mark Fitzsimmons
wrote:
When hollowing and you can't see the tool tip, you have to cut by
feel. I recall reading an article (by Lyn Mangiameli?) which
introduced a word I had not heard before which describes the condition
of "knowing where the tip of the tool is even though you can't see
it". It's related to phantom limb, I think. Can anyone remind me of
the word? It's on the tip of my tongue, but I can't find it.

The only word that comes to mind is "GUESSING" Tom