Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill in Detroit Bill in Detroit is offline

Default word for knowing what the tool is doing without seeing it?

Prometheus wrote:

Huh. Interesting thread- it's not all that often I get to learn a new
word!

Serendipitous, no?

On another hollowing related note, I had some luck with a new
hollowing tool I ground when I turned a vase last sunday- Basically,
I used a bit of M2 punch tooling that was .5" diameter, ground three
sides flat (the "top", the bottom, and one side.) to about 1" back,
and then ground a large radius on the side. Basically, it is a
scraper that has a profile similar to the tip of a butterknife, with
the sharpened bit on the curved edge.

Okay ... pony up. How's about a picture of the tip grind?

Bill
--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000739-0, 05/09/2007
Tested on: 5/9/2007 9:06:56 PM