Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH dadiOH is offline

Default How do I create an opening for a wall A/C unit?

wrote:
I want to install a small wall A/C unit in a bedroom of my condo.
The other side of the wall I will install the unit in is a storage
room with no drywall. The studs are spaced 16" apart and the A/C
unit is 17-18" wide. I am handy with saws, etc. I just don't know
how to create the opening without compromising the strength of the
wall. Are there any tutorials or pictures on how this should look?
Thanks.

You own the storage room too? If not - even if you do - you need to
check with your condo board of directors. One owns the interior
surface of one's walls, not the outside...they are common property and
may not normally be changed.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...