Posted to alt.home.repair
beekay beekay is offline

Default Indoor flood control

We had the cold-water hose to our washing machine split and run out all
night. Flooded the adjacent room - an old carport converted into additional
room with concrete slab floor and carpet. The wash room has the washing
machine and water heater. I'm concerned about a similar thing happening
again, or something happening with the water heater. If I could get a small
pump that would sit on the floor and tube into the elevated washing machine
drain, and if it could sense water and automatically turn on, then I would
be ahead of the game maybe. Assume I would put some kind of rim there so
water would stay in a pool. Any suggestions about size of pump, type of
pump, possible vender, etc.? Any other suggestions? Home Depot has nothing
like that short of a sump pump, which doesn't look practical. My dreams are
becoming unpleasant.

Thanks,

Bruce Kimball from Louisville