Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] jerry_maple@hotmail.com is offline

Default ideas to repair my genie garage door opener ?

On May 9, 7:51 am, "Pop`" wrote:

It should, -unless- you have sensors telling the opener that there is
something in the way. If the sensors are blocked (maybe the door is
blocking them?) then maybe that would happen?
Some systems, not sure about Genie, will go UP but not DOWN in that
situation.

Had a problem with my opener the first summer after it was installed,
sun go to the right angle that it would hit the receiver in the
evening, door would refuse to close unless somebody got out of the car
and stood in line to shade the receiver from the sun. Obviously not a
viable long term solution. Fixed that by reversing the positions of
the sender and receiver.

Jerry