Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Just how strong are common house ants?

On Tue, 08 May 2007 23:56:29 GMT, "aemeijers"
wrote:

They're pretty strong, not strong enough to pick up an ant trap alone, but
some ants do work as a team. Maybe they found your trap to be
particularly delicious and decided to carry it back to the nest?

Yeah, but unless the nest is up inside the fridge or stove insulation, I'm
clueless where that nest would be. I looked under both with maglite and
inspection mirror. Don't think I have mice, never seen any traces since I
ran off the ones that moved in while house was empty. Anybody sell
double-sided duct tape to nail the traps down? How about just strips of duct
tape across the floor? Or do ants step too lightly to stick to that?

If you leave another one out, and can tape it, it will be a big hit on
funniest home videos and better places than that.

aem sends....