Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Allison Robert Allison is offline

Default Self Adhesive tiles coming up - how to fix??

Mac wrote:

Bob wrote:

Self adheisve tiles are cheap and will eventually come up. Its
probably nothing you did specifically.

they're not cheap. It cost me twice as much to do my kitchen with them
as opposed to linoleum.

He means cheap as in garbage, not price. And I agree. I will
not install self adhesive tiles due to the problems associated
with them.

As to the OP, get some vinyl tile adhesive and stick it back
down the way tiles are supposed to be done. This means
lifting the tile, getting the adhesive under the tile, letting
it tack up, then pressing down the tiles. You need a lot of
heavy weights to hold them down after having them bent up for
the adhesive insertion.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.