Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Another concrete finishing question.

On May 8, 4:27 pm, "** Frank **" wrote:
Trying to pour a level and flat concrete, I found puddle of water form in
the middle of the slap. I'm off about 1/16" to 1/8" when screening with a 2
x 4 lumber, hence the puddle of water. Any trick to finish the surface
perfectly flat, level without slope and without pooling of water?

Have to have forms perfect to start with including solid enough to
stay in position during the pour and while screeding/finishing.

A 2x4 would be unlikely to be straight within 1/8" over it's length
unless you made it so. Normally, one would like just a little bit of
crown or slope so water will run off if it's outside slab. Flat
within 1/8" over any significant distance is going to take some
serious equipment -- like professional screed if it's more than just a
couple of feet in width.