Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Just how strong are common house ants?

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
. ..

wrote in message
oups.com...
Gettin' scared here. I had a wee problem with ants infesting kitchen-
I'm a slob, and house is far from tight. So, along with cleaning up
the counters and crumbs on floor, a day or so ago I put out 4 of the
typical cheap bait stations. Got home from work today, and 3 had been
moved a little, but the 4th was outright GONE. I looked all over for
it- under appliances, etc.

Is this typical? Or do I have some uber-ants hiding in the walls?

(Note- not really a Google poster- my real ISP is having news server
problems.)

They're pretty strong, not strong enough to pick up an ant trap alone, but
some ants do work as a team. Maybe they found your trap to be
particularly delicious and decided to carry it back to the nest?

Yeah, but unless the nest is up inside the fridge or stove insulation, I'm
clueless where that nest would be. I looked under both with maglite and
inspection mirror. Don't think I have mice, never seen any traces since I
ran off the ones that moved in while house was empty. Anybody sell
double-sided duct tape to nail the traps down? How about just strips of duct
tape across the floor? Or do ants step too lightly to stick to that?

aem sends....