Posted to alt.home.repair

Default attaching framing studs to poured concrete

"keglidd" wrote in message
Hah!

Just as I thought -

What do you think about just using liquid nails to attach it to the floor
(without nailing)? This wall is just around the mechanical room, not load
bearing or anything, and not prone to abuse. Guess I just ought to arrange
use of the hilti gun and do it right though....

Around a mechanical room it may be subject to vibration. You don't want
that puppy traveling. Will there be a door? If so you don't want the door
frame to get tweaked. Use the Liquid Nails with the Hilti or some anchors.

"John Grabowski" wrote in message

"keglidd" wrote in message
Any suggestions on how to attach framing studs into a poured concrete
floor?(specifically a horizontal 2x4, used to attach vertical 2x4

framed
wall at the floor)

I don't think masonry nails will work here, and I don't have a Hilti

gun
at
my immediate disposal. Not to be picky, but I don't really want to

drill
anchors in either. ...

Thanks,
Keith

Well you've ruled out the top three means to attach a wood stud to
concrete.
What do you prefer; Elmers glue or Velcro?