Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Decking

wrote:
How do you want it to look after 5 years?

cheers,
Pete.

I'd ideally like it to look as good as it does now. Obviously I will
have to give it a new coat every year or so. Do you not think that
the B&Q stuff is up to it? Is there something else that is
better? As I said originally I do not wish to stain it, merely to
protect it from the elements. Thanks

Pretty much what decking oil does. It also soaks into the surface so the
splitting mentioned by Pete C is reduced - my deck built in June 2000 shows
no signs of it.

No great colour change, apart from the fact that you have applied
'something'. IOW no pigments.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman