Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Leo Lichtman Leo Lichtman is offline

Default word for knowing what the tool is doing without seeing it?

"Mark Fitzsimmons" wrote: (clip) I recall reading an article (by Lyn
Mangiameli?) which introduced a word I had not heard before which describes
the condition of "knowing where the tip of the tool is even though you can't
see it". (clip)
Yes, it was Lyn, and I cant think of the word either, right now. (It will
probably come to me right after I hit "send.") BTW, the application was
controversial. There were those that insisted that it applies to the
positioning of body parts, like finger tips, but not to extensions, like
tool tips.