Posted to rec.woodworking
Vic Baron Vic Baron is offline

Default Clamping beveled joints

"RayV" wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 8, 12:54 pm, "Vic Baron" wrote:
I have two pieces of oak - 17" x 3" that are beveled 45 degrees along
their
length. I need to glue them to form a 90 degree leg. I have some corner
miter clamps that I can put on the top & bottom but what do you recommend
apply pressure to the center area? Web clamps will actually pull the
joint
apart.

Any suggestions?

Thanx,

Vic

--
There are 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who
don't

I guess you don't want something like this:
http://www.msu.edu/~larson25/pics/kegerator/joint.jpg

If the pieces are nice and straight you should be able to tape across
the outside of the miter and close up the miter.

or see if you can clamp one piece to a 4x4 or similar with the miter
overhanging the edge then clamp the other board in place. You may
need to rip the corner off of the 4x4 to get the miter to sit tight.

perfect reason to buy
http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/S...py6181ff4f034f

Have one - helps with the alignment but the clamping is still difficult.
However the tape method seems like the way to go!

Thanks!