Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default When mixing on site, how much concrete could one guy pour and finish in one day?

That's another good example Nate. I wonder how much one of those
slate shingles would weigh? I know I used to put a bundle of ashpalt
shingles on my shoulder and carry it up to a two-story roof. I can't
do it anymore though. I would hire a lift to put the shingles up
there these days. Anyone who delivers shingles will also be able to
put them on the roof if desired. Slate has got to be heavy though.
It might take two people to lift a slate shingle. I don't know.

Slate roofs can weight anywhere from 750 pounds per square to 2250
pounds per square, depending on the thickness of the slate.
The individual slates aren't heavy, though, they're about 1/3rd
to 1/2 the size of a regular 3-tab.