Posted to alt.home.repair
cgmsys cgmsys is offline

Default Self Adhesive tiles coming up - how to fix??

Hello

We have a breezeway with self adhesive 12 x 12 tiles. The tiles in one
part are starting to come up a little. The floor was plywood. As far
as I remember, the floor was sealed with shellac or something similar
prior to putting the tiles down.

Questions

1. What is the best way to fix this?? I was thinking of

a - contact cement or something like that
b. Trying an iron but I don't thing that would work.

I'd appreciate any ideas. I do have some replacement tiles that I
could use if necessary. I'd prefer to try to get the tiles to stick
without removing it. They are not cracked.

2. What could have caused this?? I did have a minor roof leak at that
point. Also, we have one of those hoover floor cleaners that puts down
water and vacuums it up. I'm not sure if my son got overly energetic
with the water. It is an area with fairly decent traffic and the floor
may have a little 'bounce' to it although I really don't notice any.

I'd greatly appreciate any advice...

thanks

chris