Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default WC removal and refit

On 2007-05-07, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Grunff wrote:
John Rumm wrote:

The last cistern I fitted (close coupled type) had no fixing holes at
all. The result was a bit wobbly. In the end I siliconed the cistern
to the wall. This firmed up the whole assembly no end, but still
allowed a little movement of the cistern should it be required.
Nothing has broken so far!

I've done this on around half a dozen installations, and I think it's by
far the best way to go. The most common cause of cistern-bowl leaks is
having a fixed cistern and a toilet bowl which moves too much. Silicone
allows for enough movement while eliminating wobble.

Yup. Along with CAR BODY FILLER, silicone and expanding foam are three
of DIYs great inventions.

And gaffer tape.

Cue Pythonesque " ... *four* of DIYs great inventions ... "

The cushions.......