Posted to alt.home.repair
** Frank ** **    Frank    ** is offline

Default When mixing on site, how much concrete could one guy pour and finish in one day?

"dpb" wrote in message
ups.com...
On May 7, 10:27 am, Lawrence wrote:
On May 7, 9:29 am, " wrote:

On May 7, 10:21?am, "** Frank **" wrote:

With a small electric concrete mixer (2 bags of 60# or 80# ready mix
at a
time) I'm not able to mix much more than an area of 6' x 12' by 4"
thick,
anymore I'm not able to finish before it sets in. That was about 44
bags of
60# of ready mix.

Would having two small mixers on at the same time increase
productivity? I
don't think I could, or want to, do more than 100 60# bags day.

your losing fiancially, for larger quanties your better off getting it
ppre mixed by a truck.

last time I did a slab, 70 bucks a yard, by truck

by bag 4 tmes that.....

The guy says he's working alone you have to take his word for it. I
live in a remote part of the country where it can be difficult or
impossible to find helpers. ...

You have no friends that will come for a weekend work/party?

Couldn't get any help from in-laws, too rich and busy to be of use. They
themselves hire contractors to do their own projects so why should they
physically help me? Sadly that's their perspective. If I have a party they
would come, but if I need help, forget it. Most of my friends are out of
town or in another state and some in bad health. Anyway, there are some
Mexicans in the Home Depot parking lot a few towns over, so that might be a
possibility but my truck only holds a couple of helpers and they don't have
transportation. I have to drive them back, there will be a language barrier
and insurance issue so its not worth the hassle. I once hired some people
off the street on an hourly bases but it turn out cheaper if I had used a
licensed contractor in the first place. That was for interior painting and
screw ups I could fix but concrete screw ups are pretty much permanent
without a jackhammer.