Posted to rec.woodworking
Drew Lawson Drew Lawson is offline

Default Queen's Windsor Chair at Jamestown

In article .com
" writes:
According to MSNBC:

At a ceremony in the brick church at Jamestown, built in 1907 near the
original church frame dating to 1617, the queen presented a handmade,
elaborately carved Windsor chair as a gift to the people of Virginia.

----

Of course, the Queen is from the house of Windsor (is that where the
name cames from?). However,
anyone know where 1) a picture of it is 2) who made it?

I can't help you with the picture, but according to
http://www.eadt.co.uk/content/eadt/n...A42%3A33%3A900

(sorry about the linewrap)

: During yesterday's visit, the monarch presented a high-back,
: Mendlesham-style, Windsor chair, which had been hand-crafted by
: Saxmundham-based company Finewood.

--
Drew Lawson I had planned to be dead by now, but
the schedule slipped, they do that.