Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grunff Grunff is offline

Default Adhesive for ceramic floor tiles

David Klyne wrote:
I am about to retile the kitchen/utility floor with new ceramic tiles. The
old ones have been removed and levelling compound applied. My question, is
there any advantage in choosing between ready mixed adhesive or the mix it
yourself type. I appreciate that the premixed will be more expensive I am
more concerned about the quality of the adhesive.

I've had good results with both types. They have different properties,
and work better in different situations.

If you're tiling onto a solid floor (as opposed to say floorboards), a
cement based adhesive will work well. These tend to be the mix it
yourself type. I've used BAL cement adhesive with good results.

--
Grunff
Diamagnetic Levitation: