Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default WC removal and refit

I am about to relay a bathroom floor after having a new suite fitted. I will
be using Cushionflor over exterior ply.

I was able to slide the ply under the WC - (I had to cut to allow for the
bracket of the floor) however, I will not be able to slide the cushionflor
under the WC so I intend removing it to do the task. This will give a neater
job and give me more room to work.

Question: When re-fitting, what is the best way of dealing with the screws
that anchor the cistern to the wall. I am concerned that having the WC
screwed to the floor via its bracket - and the cistern attached to the WC by
its wing nuts (Lecico make) - then the cistern screwed to the wall will
create a potential for something breaking if the wooden floor moves a
little. I was thinking of not screwing the cistern back to the wall and
injecting some Foam Fill behind it to give some support.

Any views?