Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker Steve Barker is offline

Default Moving a 3 way switch - extending "romex"

How about just buying a 25' roll of the proper wire for $12.?

--
Steve Barker

wrote in message
ups.com...
Is it acceptable to run insulated 14ga single strand through studs/
joists?

I need to extend the wiring of a 3 way switch. I have 14/2 "romex"
and 14ga single strand on hand. If it is acceptable (not against
code), I'd like to use the materials I have instead of buying a $100
roll of 14/3 to go 15'. I plan to make the extension connections in a
j-box and run the 14/2 + single strand through ceiling joists.

Thanks,
-TJ