pyotr filipivich

Default machining needed

A city wide blackout at Fri, 19 Mar 2004 21:00:05 GMT did not prevent Gunner
from posting to rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Them decimal thingies are mighty important little critters. I make a
significant portion of my living repairing machine tools where somone
wanted to enter .90 and forgot the lil "."

Those 90" moves generally make all sorts of interesting noises when
done on a machine with 12" of travel G

Heck, the 8 inch rapid move when there's only four inches left will do
that.

Broke the chuck and other stuff, to the tune of the company decided to
replace rather than repair. Now, if they could just get the old machine out
.... (shop was packed.)

tschus
pyotr
--