Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A/C Outside Fan Not Running

On May 6, 8:20 am, Daniel Prince wrote:
Joe wrote:
90% of the time the condenser fan just needs a little oil after
sitting idle all winter.

We have a Trane AC and the condenser fan did not run for a while one
day. Then it started running again. I think it was the first hot
day last year.

I had a technician come out and he said that there was nothing wrong
with the unit. He said that the only service I should do is to
clean the coils with a stream from the garden hose.

Should I be oiling the fan on my unit? If so, how do I do it? Thank
you in advance for all replies.

No, because like most motors of this type and era, they are sealed and
not designed to need or accept oil. If they were meant to be oiled,
the tech would have done it.

--
I don't understand why they make gourmet cat foods. I have
known many cats in my life and none of them were gourmets.