Posted to alt.home.repair
Daniel Prince Daniel Prince is offline

Default A/C Outside Fan Not Running

Joe wrote:

90% of the time the condenser fan just needs a little oil after
sitting idle all winter.

We have a Trane AC and the condenser fan did not run for a while one
day. Then it started running again. I think it was the first hot
day last year.

I had a technician come out and he said that there was nothing wrong
with the unit. He said that the only service I should do is to
clean the coils with a stream from the garden hose.

Should I be oiling the fan on my unit? If so, how do I do it? Thank
you in advance for all replies.
--
I don't understand why they make gourmet cat foods. I have
known many cats in my life and none of them were gourmets.