Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Garden Hose reel that works!

On May 5, 7:22 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
"dpb" wrote

Take two one-way discs and weld them to a section of 4" pipe on a
stand...it'll stay put when you pull!

Last summer, I made a hose rack of an old bent rim and a square tubing
(heavy) post. Set it in concrete. Well, everyone had to have one, so I
made six. I gave them away, or accepted a payment of a free dinner or such.
I think I could sell them for $20 each at the flea market. Only thing,
don't use too small a diameter rim, as they won't hold a lot of hose, and it
doesn't run around the rim as sweet as one with a bigger arc. I guess you
could bolt it on with U bolts if you don't have a welder. I go to the local
tire shops, and they will give me all the bent rims they have every time I
go.

A simple solution to a complex problem.

Steve

Or stop by your local big box or hardware store and buy a hose rack
for a couple bucks.

Harry K