Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Weedeater problem: priming bulb

Mitch wrote:
I went to use my weedeater for the first time this season, and the
priming bulb has lost its spring. It doesn't pop back out, so I can't
prime the engine.

I took the bulb unit to the local small engine repair shop, and they
can't find a replacement for it.

Is there anything I can do to give the rubber back its spring?

What else can I do?
I hate to buy a new weedeater because of this tiny problem.
I replaced the fuel lines and filter last season, and it ran like
brand new.

Spray some starter fluid in the air filter. If you don't have any
starter fluid, carburetor cleaner works as well with the added benefit
of cleaning the throttle body.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY