Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Compact Flourescent and a Wall Switch Timer?

On 3 May 2007 22:27:17 -0700, Edward wrote:

I have a streetlight with a CFL in it, and I want to put it on a
timer. I bought an Intermatic EJ500CL, and it specifically says NOT
to use it with starter, compact flourescent or other electronic
ballasts.
oops.
So what do I do? I don't want to put an incandescent lamp out there
because I'll have to change it constantly, and its a pain in the ass.
Is there a light switch wall timer that can be used with CFLs?
It can be used with class "P" ballast.
I am in north america, in case they make stuff for 220 that isn't
available for 110.

I have a CFL controlled by an Intermatic EI220. This timer can be set
for 1,2,4,or 8 hours or to stay on. It does require a neutral
connection.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com