Posted to alt.home.repair
Max Max is offline

Default Weedeater problem: priming bulb

On Sat, 05 May 2007 19:19:17 GMT, Mitch Mitch@... graced this
newsgroup with:

I went to use my weedeater for the first time this season, and the
priming bulb has lost its spring. It doesn't pop back out, so I can't
prime the engine.

I took the bulb unit to the local small engine repair shop, and they
can't find a replacement for it.

Is there anything I can do to give the rubber back its spring?

What else can I do?
I hate to buy a new weedeater because of this tiny problem.
I replaced the fuel lines and filter last season, and it ran like
brand new.

I had a similiar problem. If you kept the original owners manual,
there's a section in the back that lists all the part numbers.

Weedeater and Poulan are one and the same. You may also
be able to cross reference a Poulan primer bulb with a Weedeater.

You can also go to:

www.weedeater.com

and order directly (or call their 800 number): 1-877-500-7499 M-F
8AM-9PM

Just have your model number ready so they can send you the correct
part.

hope that helps.