Gunner

Default machining needed

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 14:25:42 GMT, "Mark"
wrote:

Whoops, gotta watch those decimals. I meant .095 inches, of course, not
.950.

And thanks for all the replies - you guys are great.

Mark

Them decimal thingies are mighty important little critters. I make a
significant portion of my living repairing machine tools where somone
wanted to enter .90 and forgot the lil "."

Those 90" moves generally make all sorts of interesting noises when
done on a machine with 12" of travel G

Gunner

"Mark" wrote in message
link.net...
I'm not a regular here, so please excuse me if this type of post is not
appropriate here.

I will be needing a quantity of 10-32 brass machine screws, .5 inches long
to be drilled down the center with about a .95 size drill. The exact size

is
not at all critical - I just want to pass some wires through the length of
the screw while still maintaining some structural integrity.

I would like 10 pieces now for prototyping, but will need about 600 per

year
after that. If anyone is interested, please email me at
.

Thank you.

Mark

"As physicists now know, there is some nonzero probability that any object will,
through quantum effects, tunnel from the workbench in your shop to Floyds Knobs,
Indiana (unless your shop is already in Indiana, in which case the object will
tunnel to Trotters, North Dakota).
The smaller mass of the object, the higher the probability.
Therefore, disassembled parts, particularly small ones,
of machines disappear much faster than assembled machines."
Greg Dermer: rec.crafts.metalworking