Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Radio reception

In article ,
Roger wrote:
I have a cheap alarm radio tuned to Classic FM which is not the
strongest signal around. Normal listening is all but impossible due to
interference unless I either hold the aerial wire or put my hand very
close to the radio itself. The first option gives perfect clarity and
the second reasonable listening but I find the need to be part of the
system too restricting to be comfortable about either. Is there anything
I could usefully use as a substitute? I have no idea why I should
improve the reception so don't know what to try out.

I was originally going to badge this query as OT but on second thoughts
it does seem distinctly diy.

The answer is simple. You need a better aerial. Implementing that may be
more difficult. You could try extending the wire aerial. About 1 metre
vertical is roughly what's needed for FM.

--
*The longest recorded flightof a chicken is thirteen seconds *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.