Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Sgt.Sausage Sgt.Sausage is offline

Default In-house visit by a "Rainbow vacuum" salesperson

"Jim Stewart" wrote in message

couldn't imagine dealing with the water
bowl everytime I'd use it.

It's a pain. And then you get lazy. And then the
thing sits for a week and starts to mold. And then
it stinks and you *really* don't want to take it out
'cause it smells like a cesspool. And then your mom
yells at you and you take it out.

Grew up with one. Mom got conned. They're no better
than anything else. Just cost 10 times as much.

***

We had a guy come by the house last year. Hit the wife up.
I basically kept hinting that it was time to leave.
He ended up spending over 2 hours on his demonstration
and we turned him down on buying it. (Hey, we asked
him to leave before he even started, but he *insisted*)

And then he insulted us. And then he was rude: "If you
live *here* (we have the nicest house on the street, and
quite likely for miles around) -- if you live *here* in
a house like this, then *obviously* you can afford a
lousy 2 grand for a vacuum."

I told him to go to hell. "It's exactly *because* we
don't spend our money on stupid **** like you're
hawking that we can afford to live in a little nicer
house"

He still wouldn't leave. So ... I got out my cleaning
kit, and walked over to my gunsafe. Pulled out my
12 guage like I was gonna start cleaning it and the
******* nearly crapped his pants as he was running
for the door.

I hate these salesfolks and can't honestly believe
there are enough suckers out there to spend 2 grand
per to keep 'em in business ... but then again, I
grew up in a house with one so I guess Mom got
suckered too.