Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Asphalt driveway question

Shopdog wrote:
I have read about those guys, what I have heard is that the "spray" they use
(in some cases) is nothing more then oil and tar. Having it done that way
just makes you have to do it again the next year. Now, I know this IS NOT in
all cases, but I being the handy type want to do it myself anyway.

Have you ever tried using the HD website, I typed in Driveway sealer /
Driveway coating etc and what comes up say "your search turned up no
results"
That is the worst web design I have ever been too

Heh, oddly enough I was just there a few minutes ago looking for the
same stuff. I'm about to try to patch/seal my own driveway, to stave
off the inevitable repaving (it's at least 20 years old at a minimum,
but in surprisingly OK shape except for two bad areas.) I share your
opinion of the web site; I find it worthless (and I don't particularly
like the store either, but it's close by.)

So....

anyone got any opinions on the various products available? What does HD
sell, anyway? It appears that Lowe's sells "Black Jack" brand products,
how does that stack up against whatever it is that HD sells? I've found
a couple favorable mentions of a "Henry" brand sealer online but don't
see anywhere to buy it?

thanks,

nate

--